By Gina Ducasse
When you’re out and about with a toddler, snacks are an absolute must-have! All of that walking, running, climbing, and exploring keeps them busy, and they’re sure to need some snacks to keep them energized! But what foods are both easy to pack and yet still nutritious enough to fill up those little tummies? Here are a few of our favorites that we love to have on hand when we’re on the go! Throw a few of these options in your bag, slip your kiddo’s favorite pair of HARTS on, and you’re ready for your next adventure.
1. Cerebelly Bars
- Cerebelly Smart Bars include key brain-supporting nutrients for little ones and they contain 0 grams of sugar! All of the Smart Bars are nut-free, gluten-free, and vegan. Our personal favorite is the Apple Kale.
2. Seaweed Snacks
- Seaweed snacks are full of calcium, fiber, and iron; all important nutrients for your growing babe! Something about their crispy texture makes them a consistent toddler choice.
3. Applesauce Pouches
- Applesauce is chock-full of Vitamin-C, easy to pack, and sure to be a favorite snack! They come in various flavors these days and can be found at almost any grocery store.
4. Freeze-dried Fruit
- Toddlers love crunchy foods, so freeze-dried fruit is a great option that’s often full of iron! Our pick is Trader Joe's freeze-dried strawberries.
5. Babybel Cheese
- Cheese provides nutrients vital for early development including vitamin A and vitamin B12. Babybel cheese is a perfect size for tiny hands, and it’s also great fine-motor practice for kids to work on peeling off the outer wax!
- Clementines are a great source of Vitamin C to help keep your kiddo healthy, and they’re another fun option for practicing peeling!
7. Peanut Butter Puffs
- There are a lot of these on the market, and they’re easy to have on hand during any type of travel! These puffs are also a simple way to keep peanuts in your babe’s diet after introducing this common allergen.
8. Serenity Kids Pouches
- Serenity Kids makes a variety of different pouches (veggie, fruit, and meat based) that are specifically designed for kids to enjoy on the go. With tons of different flavors, you’re sure to find one that your toddler will be asking for time and time again!
Do you have any favorites to add to the list? Let us know in the comments below!